Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Waiting in the Rain

A menacing darkness brews in the air
Outside - dark clouds, grey, austere,
Pushing, shoving, jostling for space
Glaring inside the window, glaring at me
Glaring inside my skin, into my face
Glaring at me, waiting by the phone
Waiting for your ring which never comes.
The clouds roil closer, hovering tight
Crushing, crumpling, the evening light.

Night deepens -- the clouds gnash silently.
The branches of the sharifa hold them off,
Leaves unmoving, taut with fear.

Silence.

With a jagged startle horizons spark out
The phone lights up, the window rattles
Deep thundersounds flutter
Into still soundlessness. A spent lethargy
Tumbles down, dragging behind it
A vague unease, something unfinished.
Tense, asleep.
A menacing darkness brews in the air. . .


----
This website is not an active blog. More
on caferati...

1 Comments:

Blogger scribe said...

Hi - I seem to have lost your email add / contact / number / whatever- so leaving a msg here . Caferati meet on Sunday in Delhi - do mail me your email add for details and I really hope you can make it. Cheers - Anita v.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home